HAPPY MEALTIMES …….YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY I GOT SCRUMPTIOUS FOOD IN MY TUMMY
It is one of our main aims at Once Upon a Time to ensure all children in our care have a balanced diet, we recognise the importance of providing a healthy nutritious diet for our children that develops a broad range of tastes. That’s why we chose our food suppliers very carefully. Our hot meals are not only nutritious but as the children say themselves, yummy and delicious. They stimulate children’s taste buds with a huge variety of gorgeous flavours and textures.
Please find below the information about the company which provides our food as it is very important for us that you know exactly where you child’s food comes from.
Creative Chefs-Funky Food 4 Kidz
Creative Chefs are a company with over 35 years’ experience in the catering industry.
At Creative Chefs our menus have been carefully devised with not just nutritional balance in mind, but also children’s likes and dislikes. Our meals were tried and tested by children from all over, to make sure that the children in your care will love our food.
We also provide vegetarian and any dietary requirements you may have. All our sauces are gluten free and we do not add any salt to our meals. No artificial colourings, flavourings or preservatives are used and we only use fresh meat and vegetables in all our dishes.
For babies and younger children we provide separate meals in purée or chopped form.
Creative Chefs operate out of East Coast Area Health Board registered kitchens and are H.A.C.C.P. (Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points) compliant. Creative Chefs are members of Excellence Ireland Quality Association.
Please find a sample of the menu from Creative Chefs below:
- Monday: Savoury Beef Meatballs and Conchiglie Pasta
- Tuesday: Mild Chicken Tikka with Boiled Rice
- Wednesday: Mediterranean Beef Stew and Mashed Potatoes
- Thursday: Roast Turkey Breast, Baton Carrots and Noisette Potatoes
- Friday: Savoury Mince and Vegetables with Basmati Rice
- Monday: Seared Chicken with apricots, Carrots and Peas with Mashed potatoes
- Tuesday: Mild Beef Curry with Boiled Rice
- Wednesday: Roast Loin Pork, Turnips and Mashed Potatoes
- Thursday: Shepherd’s Pie with Mixed Vegetables
- Friday: Fish Fingers, Baked Beans and Spicy Wedges
- Monday: Mild Sweet Chicken Curry and Boiled Rice
- Tuesday: Beef and Vegetable Casserole with Cous Cous
- Wednesday: Honey Roast Bacon, Broccoli and Creamed potatoes
- Thursday: Mild Chilli Con-Carne with Wheat Pasta
- Friday: Fish cakes with peas, sweet corn and potatoes
- Monday: Roast Chicken Breast, Baton Carrots and Gratin Potatoes
- Tuesday: Dublin Coddle with Carrots and Turnips
- Wednesday: Pasta Bolognaise
- Thursday: Mild Chicken Korma and Boiled Rice
- Friday: Corned Beef Hash and Mashed Potatoes
Here at Once Upon a Time we promise to provide your child with the very best nutrition possible so that you have one less thing to worry about. Our snack and tea menus are varied, using only fresh produce. Our ingredients are of the highest quality.
From the baby room right through to afterschool, Once Upon a Time’s snacks and teas provide your child with all their daily nutritional needs. The variety of different snacks enables your child to develop their taste buds.
All snack and mealtimes are supervised, providing a safe, positive, happy and homely environment where you child can enjoy their snack and meals at their leisure.
Your child’s individual food choices and dietary requirements are extremely important to us here at Once Upon a Time and they will be adhered to at all times.
Our snacks and teas are prepared on-site in our Health Board approved kitchens by staff that are fully trained in food safety (HACCP).
Please find samples of both our snack and our tea menu below:
SAMPLE OF OUR SNACK MENUS
- Traditional Fruit Platter: Oranges, Apples, Bananas
- Berry Fruit Platter: Blueberries, Blackberries
- Tropical Fruit Platter: Pineapple, Kiwi, Melon
- Dry Fruit Platter: Raisins, Apricots, Prunes
- Salad Bowl: Tomatoes, Carrot Sticks, Cucumber Slices, Celery Sticks
- Cheese and Crackers, Creamed Cheese and Breadsticks, Yoghurts and Rice Cakes
- Sandwich Selection: Cheese, Ham, Turkey, Tuna
- Soup and Toast
- Baked Beans and Toast
SAMPLE OF OUR TEA MENU
- Monday: Beans on Toast
- Tuesday: Soup & Ham Sandwiches on wholemeal bread
- Wednesday: Cream Crackers w/ cheddar cheese, tomato & cucumber sticks
- Thursday: Scrambled eggs & Toast
- Friday: Yogurts & wraps w/ various fillings (ham & cheese, turkey, tuna salad etc.)
- Monday: Pasta with Ham
- Tuesday: Cheese/turkey sandwiches on wholemeal bread & Yogurts
- Wednesday: Tomato soup w/ Cracottes & cream cheese
- Thursday: Hoops on Toast
- Friday: Tuna Mayo on crackers with mixed fresh fruit
Milk and water are provided throughout the day.
We let you know each day exactly what your child has eaten on our detailed report sheets and the snack menus as well as the Creative Chef’s menu are displayed for your reference in each Nursery.