More than just Childcare
Here at Once Upon A Time we provide excellent quality childcare and crèche environment in Carrickmines, Dun Laoghaire, Dublin 2, Dundrum, Ballymount, Tallaght and Shankill, Cherrywood, Hollywood Rath.
Professionalism and Excellence
We believe in each child’s individuality and uniqueness. Throughout the duration of a child’s attendance at Once Upon a Time our concern is for their happiness as well as their physical, emotional, and cognitive development.
From 7:30 am till 6:30 pm
Monday to Friday.
We close over the festive season and all Bank and public Holidays.
VALUE FOR MONEY
- Once Upon a Time takes away worry and stress from parents by providing breakfast, all snacks and teas and hot meals (Our Hot Meals are provided by a company called 'Nosebags'.
- We also supply baby wipes, cotton wool and nappy bags
- When it comes to the carers at Once Upon a Time parents can rest easy, knowing that the staff are highly competent and qualified
- We employ carers who are experienced and qualified
- Our carers have excellent communication skills and are caring individuals
- We provide our employees with First Aid, HACCP, Manual Handling, Health and Safety, Fire Safety and Child Protection Training to ensure the safety of the children in our care
- Our centres are designed specifically for children – they are child friendly, happy, secure, bright and colourful with countless interesting and fun toys
- All of our centres have safe, secure outdoor areas with soft flooring
- All outdoor areas are equipped with various fun toys and equipment that the children love
- We maintain our centres to the highest of standards
- Our centres are checked carefully so that high standards of care are maintained
- Once Upon A Time is registered with the appropriate regulatory bodies such as the HSE, TUSLA and comply with all regulations
- Once Upon A Time is a member of Early Childhood Ireland
- The Once Upon A Time centres are all in great locations, easily accessible
- Once Upon a Time participates in the ECCE government scheme that provides a free pre-school year to children in the year before they start primary school, We are also part of the NCS funding.
- We offer a sibling discount for families in full time care only
Plans adapted to all families
We offer a number of different care options to suit parent’s working arrangements
- Full time
- 4 full days
- Afterschool ( available in our Dundrum centre)
- We also offer centre transfers for families (if families move locations and wish to transfer to another one of our centres)
Once Upon a Time has an open door policy, we like our parents to be able to see their child’s environment on a daily basis. We also carry our Partnership with Parents to get involved with the day to day routines and themes. We enjoy open communication with parents, now working off the parent portals where parents can access their daily reports through the portal- https://parent.eccesoftware.com/Login
A unique environment for your children
Our goal is to provide a safe and caring environment, where children can gain a positive approach to school and learning. They will learn to care for, and respect each other, whilst learning how to be part of a group. Good nursery education is crucial to a child's formative years, and fosters an enthusiasm and confidence that will remain with them throughout their school life.